Friday, September 19th | 11:00am-6:00pm
PARK(ing) Day Dallas 2014 will focus on parking space transformations in the heart of Downtown Dallas along Main Street, from Field Street to St. Paul Street. This spectacular event truly embraces the “pop-up” and “leave no trace” culture. At 11am parking spaces begin to disappear and tiny parks pop-p in their place. Come 6pm the spaces return to their car-loving ways, leaving no trace left behind.
- Southwest Airlines
- Nasher Sculpture Center
- Dallas City Hall
- Downtown Pawz
- TBG Partners
- AIGA Dallas Fort Worth
- Sunnyland Outdoor Furniture
- Art Conspiracy
- Studio Outside
- Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico
- Oglesby Greene
- RTKL Associates
- The University of Texas at Arlington SASLA
- Stacy Breen’s Curiosity Cabinet
- Volunteer Center of North Texas
- Leash Pals
Park(ing) Day Dallas is organized by volunteers as a community event. Any business organization or individual can participate.
Here are a few ways you can participate:
- Groups or teams must complete the online registration to reserve your FREE parking space.
- Entertainers, musicians and performers should email [email protected] to be added to the lineup.
- Individuals volunteers are always needed to help with set-up/break-down, community awareness campaigns, event planning and special projects.
- Sponsors please contact us to learn about sponsorship opportunities. We are always in need of meeting spaces, printing, equipment rental, monetary donations, time and expertise.
PARK(ing) Day Dallas is a non-commercial, community driven event that relies on support from individuals and organizations. If you wish to help in any way, please contact us.
Pegasus Plaza performance area created by Southwest Airlines
Location: Main Street at Pegasus Plaza / Akard
11:00 :: PARK(ing) Day Festivities begin
11:30 – 12:30 :: Joel Wells Jr.
12:30 – 1:30 :: Sugarfoote & Company
1:30 – 2:30 :: TBD
2:30 – 3:30 :: TBD
3:30 – 4:30 :: Diamond Kings
4:30 – 5:30 :: Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico / Rhythmic Souls
City Tavern performance area created by TBG Partners
Location: Main Street near City Tavern between Field & Akard
11:30 – 12:30 :: TBD
12:30 – 1:30 :: Ann Stover
1:30 – 2:30 :: TBD
2:30 – 3:30 :: Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico / Rhythmic Souls
3:30 – 4:30 :: Slingin Biscuits
4:30 – 5:30 :: Felix Flores
If you are an entertainer and wish to volunteer your talents at PARK(ing) Day 2014, please contact [email protected] for consideration
PARK(ing) Day Dallas is a non-commercial, community-driven event that relies on support from individuals and organizations. If you’d like to become a sponsor, contact us.
The following businesses and organizations have gone beyond the participation level by donating funds, time and expertise to increase awareness of PARK(ing) Day and enhance the event for all participants.