The planning group began meeting on July 20th with the idea of bringing PARK(ing) Day to Downtown Dallas. Several meetings later the event has grown to include over 40 PARK installations in three separate districts. While the initial process was begun by downtown residents, countless others stepped up to help make the event a success. We’d like to mention a few of them here:
- Downtown Dallas, Inc. has worked with the City of Dallas to secure permits and other resources to make it possible for any team to participate.
- Deep Dallas has organized great local talent for 4 separate performance stages throughout the event.
- Deep Ellum Outdoor Market and bcWORKSHOP have helped expand and organize the event in Deep Ellum.
- CityDesign Studio has helped with graphics and printing for the event.
- The Planning Committee has spent many hours over the past two months thinking of creative ways to increase involvement and build excitement.
- City Tavern has hosted the planning meetings in a central, convenient location.
- The Design Research Center will help gather data and information about the event for future reference.
- Team Better Block will judge the creativity competition and award a unique trophy to the winning team.
In addition to these, our followers and commentators on Facebook have been great in spreading awareness of the event and giving us valuable feedback for this and any future event. Thank You!